If you're eager to see the final result of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's email scandal, or if you're hoping to see it soon go away, you're going to be sadly disappointed with the latest development in federal court.
The Daily Caller's Richard Pollock, in a new article published by the Heritage Foundation's Daily Signal website, reports that officials at the Department of State and other agencies can't make the remaining 100,000 unreleased Clinton emails public for 42 months, or until October 2020. That's less than one month before the next presidential election.
His report states:
Justice Department attorney Jennie Kneedler told U.S. District Court Judge James E. Boasberg Tuesday that "processing takes time." She also told Boasberg during the status hearing on the case that the continued review of the former secretary of state's emails was "not the best use of State's time."
Many Americans might be surprised to learn so many Clinton emails are not yet public—a mountain of them are still being slowly reviewed by officials at the State Department, FBI, and other federal agencies.
Department of State officials claim they can only review and release 2,350 emails each month, stating they are slowly chipping away at 68,000 emails currently in front of them.
There are also an estimated 31,000 emails on a laptop owned by former New York Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner, which the FBI has identified as State Department emails to and from Huma Abedin, Clinton's former deputy chief of staff and Weiner's wife.
Ultimately, the judge approved this continued "slow-walking" of the release of emails. Judicial Watch, which has been leading the effort to get those emails released, was disappointed by the development.
"Those who are in place at Justice or State or at other agencies dealing with these ongoing cases are the same people," Lauren Burke, a Judicial Watch attorney, told Pollock after the hearing. "Whether it's higher-ups that aren't putting their feet to the fire, it's business as usual and everything gets slow walked.
"We had hoped with the new administration there would be more transparency, more cooperation."
Click here to read the entire report at the Daily Signal website.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer