Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) called President Donald Trump's first speech to a joint session of Congress a "home run."
"That was a home run. President Trump delivered a bold, optimistic message to the American people," he said. "We now have a government unified around a simple, but important principle: Empowering the people—not Washington—is the way to build a better future for our country. This is a president who is serious about tackling our biggest challenges and improving people's lives.
"Obamacare is one of the biggest challenges that the American people face. Congress and the White House are united in our promise to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a patient-centered system. Tonight, we made progress on that pledge as President Trump demonstrated that he and the House are coalescing around a particular replacement plan, including a tax credit to help individuals buy a health plan that fits their needs.
"From repealing and replacing Obamacare to revamping our outdated tax code and keeping our country safe from the threat of radical Islam, we are committed to working with the Trump administration to deliver results. In fact, we have already delivered results on multiple fronts—including repealing harmful regulations that have hamstrung our economy. There is a lot more work to do, and we are ready to keep working for the American people. I want to thank President Trump for putting us on a path to a better future."
Even liberals in the mainstream media had to pause their 24-hour bashing to admit that it was a good speech. Rachel Maddow said everyone had to acknowledge it was a good speech. Van Jones said it was the moment Donald Trump "became President Trump," and that as a result, he predicted the president would serve a full eight years.
But one man, who's heard a lot of impressive speeches in his lifetime—the Rev. Franklin Graham—heaped even higher praise on the president Tuesday night:
"President Donald J. Trump's speech tonight was one of the best I've ever heard. He clearly laid out a vision for America. It is my prayer that Democrats and Republicans alike will give him a chance to do what he has outlined to do. Join me in praying for the president. May God bless America again!"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details