Amid the chaos of the current American political environment, Palestinian and Jordanian representatives submitted a draft resolution to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization's World Heritage Committee.
Its goal: to rewrite history and eradicate any Jewish connection to Judaism's holiest sites.
The Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America isn't taking the resolution—which is clearly based on pushing a Muslim-dominant agenda for the Middle East—lightly. The organization made the following statement to American media outlets:
"Though the resolution is clearly based on falsehood and distortion, there was no guarantee that the U.N.'s cultural organization would dismiss it. After all, UNESCO had just three months earlier sided with anti-Israel forces to pass a resolution condemning Jewish visits to and policing of the Temple Mount, which it referred to only by its Arab terms—al-Aksa Mosque/al-Haram al Sharif.
"While France, a member that voted for the April resolution, subsequently apologized for this, Palestinians and Muslims were encouraged to step up their campaign. This time around, however, members of the World Heritage Committee realized they would probably lack the votes to pass the contentious resolution at their annual meeting in Istanbul, and indefinitely delayed voting on it."
CAMERA has put together a summary report that details the historical facts about the Temple Mount, as well as the implications of adopting a resolution such as the one presented recently. Click here to read the entire report.
"The demand by Palestinians and other Muslim groups to usurp Jewish holy sites through historical revisionism should not be dismissed as merely an academic or political dispute," the group said in its statement. "Were these groups to achieve their goals in expelling Israelis, Jews and non-Muslims from the site, the disastrous results would resonate far beyond the Middle East."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details