Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, who also served on the Republican National Committee's Committee on Platform, says there's a lot to like in the 2016 GOP platform.
In fact, there isn't much he doesn't like about it. He shared his thoughts recently in a blog post at the FRC Action website.
"Republicans now have a platform to stand on, a solidly conservative platform," he said. "The GOP platform committee met for two days with 112 delegates from every state and territory and came to a consensus, a conservative consensus, for the principles of the Grand Old Party.
"There was lively discussion on a number of issues ranging from agriculture to economics, to health care, to immigration, to national security. Issues affecting the national moral and cultural climate were also prominently discussed among the delegates from all 50 states and U.S. territories.
"I am very happy to say that the final platform document overwhelmingly approved by the delegates may be the strongest statement of conservative principles by a GOP platform to date. As Gayle Rozika, a Utah delegate for whom this was the sixth platform, told me this is the most conservative platform in her experience. Her efforts, along with those of delegates like Carolyn McLarty (Okla.), Len Munsil (Ariz.), David Barton (Texas), Jim and Judy Carns (Ala.), Kris Kobach (Kan.), Sandy McDade (La.) and a host of other conservative leaders were effective in ensuring the GOP platform provides a clear and compelling understanding of the core conservative principles that those associated with the Republican party prioritize and pursue.
"Our coalition of delegates—including FRC Action and other groups like the March for Life Action, Eagle Forum and Concerned Women for America—proved invaluable. The platform is an important document, showing the Party of Lincoln continues to respect freedom and the rule of law, and the idea that all humans deserve respect, not because of some category, but because we have inherent dignity and are made in the image of our Creator.
"The platform is a useful document—a standard for the party in local, state and federal elections, to use in town halls, and it provides standards to which we should hold our elected officials. Platform Chairman Senator John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), led by co-chairs Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-Va.) and Governor Mary Falin (R-Okla.) all did an excellent job allowing delegates to offer amendments and debate the issues with sincerity and respect. They deserve much respect for their efforts."
Click here to read the rest of Perkins' commentary on the Republican Platform.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details