A new report is possibly shedding light on one of the most publicized statements coming out of FBI Director James Comey's testimony last week before the House Oversight Committee.
During the appearance, Comey said Clinton was perhaps "not sophisticated enough" to understand the classified markings on emails she had received on her private server. Comey was asked to further clarify those remarks, given that prior to being secretary of state, Clinton was a U.S. senator and was given a security clearance for that purpose, as well.
"It's an interesting question whether she was sophisticated enough to understand what a C in parens means," he testified. "It's possible—possible—she didn't understand [what a (C) meant] when she saw it in the body of the email."
Comey went on to explain the marking was used to indicate the content of the following paragraph was considered "confidential," the lowest security classification, but was being presented to her to aid her in preparation of an upcoming meeting of phone conversation. Several of the committee members indicated they often saw the markings themselves and understood their meaning.
However, The Daily Caller has now reported that in response to its Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the State Department, no evidence has been presented to indicate whether or not Clinton ever took part in mandatory training that would have addressed the proper handling of classified material:
Similarly, there was no evidence Huma Abedin, her deputy chief of staff, had taken and passed any security training during her four years at the Department of State.
All State Department officials normally receive annual reviews and certification as part of their training for the proper handling of all levels of classified materials, including top secret information.
It's unclear if Clinton refused security training outright during her four years as secretary of state.
In its report, The Daily Callers states Eric Stein, the State Department's Co-director of Office Information Programs, presented a declaration to the court that his office could only identify 11 documents pertaining to security training, none of which also pertained to Clinton or Abedin. The news outlet sued the State Department earlier this year and received seven of the 11 documents Stein identified.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details