Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee offered up some harsh truth about the FBI's failure to prevent the Orlando mass murderer Omar Mateen, despite having him under investigation for nearly a year.
"If you're wondering how such an obvious ticking time bomb as [Mateen] was somehow overlooked by our massive federal security apparatus, it turns out that was deliberate," he wrote on his website Tuesday.
Huckabee pointed to a FOX News report that, in a closed-door meeting Monday, FBI Director James Comey confirmed to reporters there was a 10-month investigation of Mateen in 2013. It was initiated after his co-workers reported statements he made that concerned them. Federal agencies have repeatedly told Americans "If you see something, say something," and it would appear these co-workers did exactly that. Which begs the question why, then, the FBI decided not to take further action.
"They bought his claim that he was teasing his co-workers because he thought they were trying to marginalize him for his Muslim faith," Huckabee wrote. "In other words, they were more willing to believe that all his American co-workers were bigots than that he might be a danger to society. He'd learned to speak the language of political correctness well and used it to manipulate guilty liberals.
"At the same time that the Obama administration was arguing for the right to gather electronic data on every U.S. citizen, including reporters, it was abandoning real leads, killing a serious terrorist investigative unit and deleting its files, and removing experts and training materials on how to identify threats, all because those things might be seen as culturally insensitive to Muslims. This is how political correctness kills, and it just set a new U.S. record."
He then added he could sum up the Obama administration's counter-terrorism policy in just 13 words:
Feds: "If you see something, say something!"
Citizen: "I see something."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details