On the 48th anniversary of the assassination of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., his niece, evangelist and pro-life activist Dr. Alveda King, released the following statement:
"Today I feel very close to my uncle's dream and vision for the 21st century. However, in order to give genuine honor to the dream, we must recognize an under-represented group: the unborn. A woman has a right to choose what she does with her body. The baby is not her body. Where is the lawyer for the baby? How can the dream of Martin Luther King survive if we murder our children and desecrate the wombs of their mothers?"
Alveda King is director of Civil Rights for the Unborn, the African-American outreach of Priests for Life. Fr. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, added his own sentiments on the issue:
"As I wrote in my book Abolishing Abortion, we have to be ready to lay down our lives to end the violent segregation and prejudice of abortion. Martin Luther King and his brother, Rev. A.D. King, stopped at nothing to build the Beloved Community, and so must we. Let's do what needs to be done."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.