"How do you sell a bill to lawmakers that would require the public (including children) to pretend that cross-dressing men are completely normal, and would force all businesses to allow those disturbed men to use women's restrooms, locker rooms and showers—with the threat of fines and even jail time for those who would complain?" MassResistance founder Brian Camenker asked his pro-family readers Wednesday afternoon.
Unlike South Dakota residents, the citizens of Massachusetts face an entirely different kind of "bathroom bill." Camenker said Bill H1577 is now before the Massachusetts Legislature (here's what it would do) and noted that similar bills are being pushed in cities and states across the country.
He said LGBT activists are employing a "slick, emotional and effective" strategy to advance this legislation. Referencing a "Transgender Lobby Day" held at the Massachusetts statehouse last fall, he laid out the key aspects of that strategy:
- Use an unrelenting, emotional "civil rights" analogy. "The pitch: It's all about freedom, civil rights and non-discrimination. Every possible comparison to the experience of blacks in the South should be used, and repeat it constantly. This completely inverts the truth. It's a bill based on people's delusions and (can we say it?) sexual perversions. In fact, it takes away the civil rights and religious freedoms of people, and forces them to accept a blatant lie—that people can change their sex, and that this is a healthy, normal part of life."
- Show political force. "Have legislators and other elected officials publicly involved. Also get the usual collection of pro-'gay' large corporations, sports team owners, unions, police departments, law firms and nonprofits to endorse it—and then claim 'widespread support' for the bill."
- While lobbying, boldly present cross-dressing men—and women with beards—as completely "normal." "This is done with no apologies, and without flinching. Like their false use of the civil rights metaphor, this has an eerie psychological 'big lie' effect. As behavioral scientists know, when something so outrageous is calmly and repeatedly presented as true, one questions one's own perception of reality."
- Play the victim card. "That goes hand in hand with the 'civil rights' push. They bring up lots of well-rehearsed stories of various mistreatment because of their 'gender identity.' These anecdotes often appear to be simply a reaction to seeing someone so bizarre and obviously troubled. But the stories are used to demand special transgender 'legal protection' above and beyond the normal laws that already apply to everyone."
- Anyone who disagrees is a hater. "This is an important emotional element of the strategy. Sometimes it's extremely subtle, other times it's very overt and in-your-face, depending on the situation. But because the insinuation is always there on some level, it sends a potent psychological message, even if it's subliminal."
To hammer home his point, Camenker shared a three-minute video he said demonstrates all five points of the LGBT strategy.
"This 5-point formula is very powerful and has been extremely successful across the country getting politicians to buy into 'gender identity non-discrimination' bills," Camenker wrote. "Many lawmakers completely swallow the whole package and become advocates for the bill. Unfortunately, most citizens may have only heard bits and pieces of it in the media, and are shocked and upset when they see the result."
He also provided a strategy that he believes can successfully combat those trying to push these types of legislation. Simply put: Pro-family Christians need to rise up and be vocal in their opposition to it.
"Usually the powerful LGBT lobby is able to work almost in a vacuum, with no well-organized pro-family opposition," Camenker wrote. "There is rarely a well-schooled and well-coached force of people directly confronting their dishonest and manipulative tactics."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details