On the extremes of the American political spectrum, the death of Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia brought out some of the worst in humanity.
On the right, fueled in part by the manner in which Scalia's death was misreported and by Texas law that didn't require an autopsy after his unattended passing, a number of prominent voices suggested the jurist was murdered:
- Talk radio host Michael Savage: "How come there's been no request for an autopsy even though reports suggest that a Supreme Court Justice was found with 'a pillow over his head,' and he died alone without any witnesses. My friends, something stinks."
- InfoWars publisher Alex Jones: "I wish it was natural cause, but man, my gut tells me no. And if this is an assassination, this signifies that they are dropping the hammer."
- Anti-Illuminati author Mark Dice: "Did Obama or the Illuminati higher-ups have Antonin Scalia murdered so the progressive liberals could get another Supreme Court Justice to continue pushing forward the New World Order and Cultural Marxist PC Social Justice Warrior agenda?"
The facts are clear, however, that Scalia wasn't in the best of health. He had high blood pressure and was deemed to be not healthy enough to undergo a shoulder surgery, according to his personal physician.
The U.S. Marshals Service, which is responsible for security for the Supreme Court, said its marshals who responded to the scene did not notice any signs of foul play. They are trained to identify such evidence.
And while most Americans rightfully mourned Scalia's passing, the ugliness wasn't confined to the Right. From the Left came outright celebration. The following were all posted to Twitter within minutes of the announcement that Scalia had died:
- Rolling Stone staff writer David Ehrlich: "when you go to harass women outside of planned parenthood tomorrow, be sure to hold your fetus poster at half-mast. out of respect."
- Homosexual activist-turned journalist Dan Savage: "Dedicating the rest of this weekend's marital sodomy to the memory of Antonin Scalia."
- Salon reporter and extreme abortion advocate Amanda Marcotte: "I guess it's settled: God approves of abortion."
One could point to the corrosive nature of American politics today, but as Chuck Colson pointed out prior to his own passing, politics is "nothing but an expression of culture." And America's culture has become ugly.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details