Congress has plenty of work to do over the next couple of weeks before they jingle their way home for Christmas. One of the many items that we're closely watching is the budget reconciliation debate that is heating up in the Senate. Despite the far-Left's attempt to derail the language to defund Planned Parenthood, the provision actually seems to be gaining support.
Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who many might confuse for a Democrat, was opposed to ending taxpayers forced partnership with the group until this week. To reporters, she hinted that the provision would no longer be an issue, saying, "I would like to see a much more targeted approach [to the abortion business's defunding], but I'm looking at everything." And while others try to use the Colorado clinic shooting as an excuse to drop the measure holding Planned Parenthood accountable for its baby harvesting ring, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) would hear none of it. As horrific as the shooting was, he—like many pro-lifers—doesn't believe the incident should let Planned Parenthood off the hook for its own alleged criminal activity.
"Instead of playing politics with this tragedy, maybe those on the Left ... should actually take the time to read the resolution establishing the Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives. At no point does it mention Planned Parenthood," Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) fired back. What happened in Colorado doesn't change the reality of the situation, which is that Planned Parenthood was caught on tape admitting to the sale of baby body parts. "We are focused on a fact-finding mission into abortion practices and fetal tissue procurement and the relationship between the two businesses."
The least Congress can do is to put the brakes on taxpayer funding of the organization in the meantime. Encourage your senators to do exactly that in the upcoming vote on the Restoring Americans' Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details