The House Speaker may have changed, but Planned Parenthood's tactics have not. In an odd sort of congratulatory letter, President Cecile Richards reached out to Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) for the first time since his election. In hopes of veering him off his predecessor's course, Richards spends four pages defending her organization's baby parts-for-profits ring before asking the new speaker to call off his investigators.
"Despite our cooperation to date," Richards writes, "a number of the investigative practices undertaken by the committees raise concerns about the impartiality and integrity of their investigations." After insisting she "has nothing to hide," Richards went on to complain that at least one video was preemptively leaked to the public. Although some states have already cut ties with Planned Parenthood, Cecile claims her organization has done no wrong. Instead, she tries to turn the tables on the Center for Medical Progress, which has provided hours of compelling evidence that Planned Parenthood may be violating federal law with its sale of fetal tissue.
But if Cecile Richards was hoping for an easier road under Speaker Ryan, his comments prove that Planned Parenthood is in for anything but. In defense of his select committee on the scandal, Ryan was clear: "I don't think Planned Parenthood should get a red cent from the taxpayer. I've always believed that, even before those disgusting videos came out. But I believe we need to do our oversight. We're just beginning to start a committee to investigate Planned Parenthood. That's important. So the special committee on Planned Parenthood, I think, should be in the driver's seat overseeing this process."
Striking a firm tone, he reminded Richards and all of Planned Parenthood's allies that conservatives will "push issues where we can push issues. We have to speak truth to power." At Family Research Council we look forward to helping the new leadership team do exactly that.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details