As in 2014 and previous years, the report urges Congress to continue its investigation into the misuse of taxpayer dollars. The 2015 report, titled "Profit. No Matter What," provides updated information, including new federal audits.
"Americans shouldn't be forced to give hundreds of millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood, which has a history of abusing taxpayer dollars, covering up the sexual abuse of young girls by adult predators, and trafficking aborted babies' hearts, lungs, livers, and brains. That tax money should be redirected to trusted health providers, not given to the abortion industry," said ADF Litigation Counsel Catherine Glenn Foster. "Not one more penny should go to Planned Parenthood, which has been repeatedly investigated for waste, abuse, and potential fraud."
"Updates in this 2015 edition include a new federal audit of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, specifically aimed at Planned Parenthood of North Texas; new federal audits of state family planning programs in California and Nebraska, totaling nearly $12 million; and more complete information on Planned Parenthood and other abortion and family planning facilities' other financial malfeasance," the report explains. "Alliance Defending Freedom's research strongly suggests that Planned Parenthood and its affiliates are engaged in a pattern of practices designed to maximize their bottom-line revenues through billings to complex, well-funded federal and state programs that are understaffed and rely on the integrity of the provider for program compliance."
The report details the 45 known public audits or other reviews of Planned Parenthood affiliates' financial data and practices, as well as 57 known audits of state family planning programs and three known public audits of family planning organizations that found overbilling. To date, these limited audits have found a total of more than $129.7 million in waste, abuse, and potential fraud in federal and state family planning funding programs, the lion's share of which goes to Planned Parenthood. Approximately $14.4 billion of federal Medicaid expenditures were improper payments, according to government sources.
The report also identifies 10 types of waste, abuse, and potential fraud Planned Parenthood affiliates have been found to be committing or have been credibly accused of nationwide. The potential fraud includes the illegal practice of billing and being reimbursed by Title XIX agencies for medications and/or services provided in connection with an abortion.
Other alleged billing violations include billing in excess of actual acquisition cost or other statutorily approved costs for contraceptives and Plan B products, inappropriately billing for services that were not medically necessary or not provided at all, and duplicate billing.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details