The stories of survival are nothing less than incredible as President Donald Trump met Wednesday with first responders, doctors, nurses and people who risked their lives to save strangers during the Las Vegas massacre.
"In the depths of horror, we will always find hope in the men and women who risk their lives for ourselves," President Trump said.
The commander in chief used words like "amazing" and "incredible" when talking about the first responders and medical teams.
"It makes you very proud to be an American when you see the job that they've done," Trump also said.
Visiting Las Vegas following the worst mass shooting in American history, President Trump met with victims and gave his personal thanks to officers and honored civilians who put aside their own safety to protect others.
"Americans dashed into a hail of bullets to rescue total strangers," the president said.
While in Las Vegas, Trump also met with local pastors.
"[He] shook our hands and told us pastors thank you for being here," said Pastor Pasquale Urrabazo. He got the chance to talk to the president and first lady one-on-one.
Urrabazo went on to talk about what it meant to have the president there, shaking his hand, following the tragedy, "It meant a whole lot, not only to me but to the whole city, because this city needed him at this time and he showed up."
Pastor Vance Pitman of Hope Church Las Vegas agrees, adding that Trump continues to turn to God in times of tragedy, "People ask where is God in all this, God was right in the middle of it—God was drawing people to himself through this and saving people."
"May God bring healing to the families of the wounded & fallen," President Trump concluded.
The president was only in Las Vegas a few hours, but in that short time, he had a big impact in the wake of this tragedy. Meanwhile, the investigation continues into the motive behind this tragic massacre.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details