President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence kicked off the White House's "Made in America Week" with a special event Monday in which the president signed a proclamation that helps to highlight his economic agenda.
"It's the greatest privilege of my life to serve as vice president to a president who always puts America first and puts American manufacturing first," the vice president said in his opening remarks before introducing the president. "Our president knows that America is a nation of dreamers and doers, a nation of producers and growers and makers. And since the very first day of this administration, we've taken decisive action to promote and protect what he calls those three beautiful words: Made in America."
The president, in his own remarks before signing the Made in America Week proclamation, said America was going to start putting "Made in the USA" on its products again because "it means it's the best." He highlighted his administration's accomplishments in that regard over the past six months, and gave a look ahead to the next six months of his agenda.
"We want to build, create and grow more products in our country using American labor, American goods and American grit," he said. "When we purchase products made in the USA, the profits stay here, the revenue stays here and the jobs—maybe most importantly of all—they stay right here in the USA."
You can watch the full event in the video clip above.
Following the event, Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke began promoting his own "Made in America" program—the "All-American Outdoor Experience"—demonstrating that it doesn't just apply to jobs and the economy. In an op-ed for FOX News, he wrote, in part:
The All-American Outdoor Experience is part of who we are as Americans, but it's also a big economic driver for communities across the country. As a whole, the outdoor recreation industry generates $887 billion in consumer spending and supports 7.6 million American jobs, according to industry analysts. In addition, the revenue the industry produces is a major boost to our economy.
Made in America is as much about products as much as it is about the shared American experience created here. It is about making memories by taking a kid fishing for the first time, or in my case, taking my wife hiking early in our relationship.
There's a reason why 330 million people from across the country and around the world visit our parks every year, and why millions more flock to public lands from coast to coast: It's because these spaces are uniquely American.
This Made in America Week, let's unite with a common pride in our country, standing behind American businesses and engaging in American outdoor traditions that have stood the test of time.
Click here to read the entire article.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details