Tuesday evening, President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump hosted a reception at the White House for the members of the Senate and their spouses as part of his efforts to reach out to both sides as he attempts to move forward with his agenda.
At the beginning of the event, the president made a few brief remarks to his captive—and surprisingly bipartisan—audience. He said:
"Nobody ever told me that politics was going to be so much fun. But, we're doing well; it's going very well. I just had a long phone call from Gen. Mattis and—John, he will be very happy to hear, but he knows better than anybody here—we're doing very well in Iraq.
"Our soldiers are fighting and fighting like never before. And, the results are very, very good. So, I just wanted to let everyone know.
"I have some very special friends of in this room, especially—I must tell you we have the Republicans but even have a couple of Democrats. I said—you know we had a dinner here about three weeks ago, and it was so beautiful. We have these incredible musicians from the Marine Corps and from the Army incredible actually and I said, 'You know, I'd like to do something special. I'd like to ask the United States Senate with spouses to come and hear how good they are.
"It was just a beautiful evening, and so here we are. Shockingly, it's semi-bipartisan. A lot of people showed up that people weren't expecting, which is a very good thing.
"I know that we're all going to make a deal on health care. That's such an easy one, so I have no doubt that that's going to happen very quickly. I think it will actually—I think it's going to happen because we've all been promising, Democrat and Republican, we've all been promising that to the American people so I think a lot of good things are going to happen there.
"We'll talk about infrastructure. We're going to talk about fixing up our military, which we really need. There has been a depletion and we're going to make it so good and so strong and there's, I think, never been a time where we needed it so much.
"We're going to be doing a great job and hopefully it'll start being bipartisan because everybody really wants the same thing we want: greatness for this country that we love. So, I think we're going to have some very good relationships, right?
"Chuck—I see Chuck [Schumer]—hello Chuck. I really think that will happen. So, again, enjoy these incredible musicians. They are really something special. I hope we're going to do this many, many times together as a unit."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details