When Catholic Lady Blog author Colette Zimmerman learned that the same feminist organizers who put on the Women's March on Women were going to launch a general strike March 8 called "A Day Without Women," she wondered if pro-life women could put together an alternative.
During "A Day Without Women," women are urged to stay home from work in support of causes like Planned Parenthood, abortion and same-sex "marriage." As an alternative to the pro-abortion feminists and their shockingly vulgar antics, participants in "Lady Day" will instead "go to work in an especially ladylike manner, in elegant and modest dresses, to go out to tea with friends and to do works of charity."
Zimmerman's idea took off almost immediately, becoming a nationwide phenomenon. Hundreds of small groups of pro-life ladies with come together Wednesday, March 8, to "celebrate the purity and goodness of true womanhood, which in turn, fosters higher moral standards in society and among children."
"What a wonderful idea!" Moriah Webinger of Chardon, Ohio said. "I have 15 women already signed up for tea—it is a treat really! We are also informing the local paper too."
"I want my daughters to be truly feminine; pure and good," Brenda Asso, a mother of nine from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, said. "Abortion! Never! Don't even think about it. It's contrary to our maternal instinct."
Marie Sallinger of Lafayette, Louisiana, added that Zimmerman's idea of celebrating true womanhood is "inspired."
"I understand the evils of feminism and want to do something about it," she said. I have many good Christian lady friends. And I'm so happy to celebrate this day as a lady."
The slogan of Lady Day will be "Pure Goodness at Work." Click here for more information on Lady Day celebrations in your area.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details