Even in the final stages of the 2016 presidential election, U.S. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) remained steadfastly #NeverTrump.
Despite that, he has renewed optimism that his Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act will be signed into law this year by President Donald Trump. The senator re-introduced the legislation this week with several cosponsors.
Sasse issued the following statement:
Every baby deserves care, and the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act is a rare opportunity to find common ground and protect newborns. We all know that every little boy and girl deserves a fighting chance and, if you've ever held a newborn or just walked past a NICU, you know this has nothing to do with your politics and everything to do with your heart. I'm grateful that the House passed this legislation last Congress and I look forward to working with my Senate colleagues to put this on the President's desk this Congress.
The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act would protect newborns who survive abortions by requiring appropriate care and admission to a hospital. The legislation requires that, when an abortion results in the live birth of an infant, health care practitioners must exercise the same degree of professional skill and care to protect the newborn as would be offered to any other child born alive at the same gestational age.
It also requires that the living child, after appropriate care has been given, be immediately transported and admitted to a hospital. Last Congress, the legislation passed the U.S. House of Representatives by a bipartisan 248-177 vote.
If the legislation arrives at Trump's desk, he is likely to sign it into law. White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said the Trump administration plans to have a "major presence," without elaborating, at this weekend's March for Life in Washington, D.C. One of the keynote speakers will be Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details