Hillary Clinton made a comment during Monday night's debate with Donald Trump that may have seemed innocuous when she said it, but has the potential to utterly destroy her campaign if one were to actually think about the context in which it was said.
During a discussion about law enforcement and policing, moderator Lester Holt—who had just taken a beating from Trump for arguing about a "stop and frisk" policy adopted by the New York City Police Department—asked Clinton to weigh in. He asked, "Do you believe that police are implicitly biased against black people?"
In other words, are police inherently racist?
Given the beating she took earlier in the month for her "basket of deplorables" comment, which she suggested applied to one quarter of the American population, many expected her to sidestep the question. And in a way, that may have been what she was trying to do.
Her answer: "Lester, I think implicit bias is a problem for everyone, not just police. I think, unfortunately, too many of us in our great country jump to conclusions about each other, and therefore, I think we need all of us to be asking hard questions about 'Why am I feeling this way?'"
In other words, everyone's racist.
Unfortunately for Trump, he never pounced on what she said, perhaps because he was still regrouping from his previous exchange with Holt—which violated the rules of the debate established by the Committee on Presidential Debates. Some media outlets did pick up on the comment in their post-debate analysis, though.
As The Daily Caller noted, it remains to be seen if the comments get the attention of the electorate, which has already found the "deplorables" comment off-putting.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer