In the 2012 presidential election, more than 27 million registered Christian voters did not vote; had just half of them voted for Republican presidential nominee former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the results would have been profoundly different.
A coalition of Christian television broadcasters, led by Cornerstone Network President and CEO Don Black, has launched an "unprecedented partnership" to make sure that doesn't happen in 2016. Their collaboration, In God We Trust, is a one-hour special—a 30-minute version will also be made available—to call on Americans to place their trust, and their vote, in God.
Although the program doesn't endorse any particular candidate or party—pushing evangelical voter turnout is the goal—it does offer a simple, powerful and universal message that will cross racial, political and socio-economic lines. The coalition explained its mission:
It is time for God's people to pray, to fast for wisdom and then to vote for the candidates of their choice in the upcoming election this fall. Facing the stark reality that over 27 million registered Christian voters did not vote in the 2012 election, these leaders believe that a responsible turn-out of Christian voters this November will pave the way of hope for our nation and a return to the Christian principles on which it was founded.
In God We Trust viewers will be provided the opportunity to sign an online In God We Trust proclamation, pledging to pray, to fast, to vote and to place their trust in divine providence. A downloadable e-version of the devotional In God We Trust 21-Day Action Plan will be available to guide participants through 21 days of prayer and fasting for the nation.
"Most American Christians will agree that we have drifted far from our Judeo-Christian values and face perilous times as a result," Black said. "We simply believe that, election or not, it is time to take our country back to our roots and to faith in Jehovah God. The upcoming election provides us an opportunity to begin that process."
Other ministry broadcasting partners include:
- Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network;
- Robert Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas and Pathway to Victory TV and radio program;
- Andrew Wommack, founder and president of Andrew Wommack Ministries and host of The Gospel Truth TV program;
- Joyce Meyer, founder and president of Joyce Meyer Ministries and host of Enjoying Everyday Life;
- Perry Stone, founder and CEO of Perry Stone Ministries-Voice of Evangelism/OCI and host of the Manna-Fest TV show;
- Henry Fernandez, founder of Henry Fernandez Ministries and senior pastor of The Faith Center; and
- Gordon Robertson, CEO of the Christian Broadcasting Network.
The special, hosted by Kristi Watts a former co-host of The 700 Club, began airing on Labor Day and will continue up to the Nov. 8 election in various lengths on Cornerstone and other participating networks. With America hurting and in need of a miracle, In God We Trust aims to inspire millions of Christian Americans to exercise their authority in electing our next leaders and to petition Almighty God for His Divine mercy to sweep this great nation with a fresh move of His Spirit.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer