As a retired military chaplain I was an early supporter of Donald Trump. I made the long trip from California to Cleveland to be a convention surrogate for Trump to the media. As I meet with them this week, here are the points I'm making. They are points all Americans should consider when deciding to vote this fall.
- As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton supported the overthrow of the democratically elected president of Syria to make room for ISIS to become an international threat.
- Clinton's policies toppled the legitimate government in Egypt to allow the Muslim Brotherhood to take over.
- Donald Trump will prevent the passage of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) in order to promote fair international trade agreements that would pave the way for American products to sell internationally and bring millions of jobs back to America where they belong.
- Marine Lt. Gen. Thomas Waldhauser, who President Obama nominated to command U.S. forces in Africa, stated that the refusal to strike ISIS in Libya "makes no sense." He also stated that he knew of no overall strategy in dealing with ISIS.
- Trump will be quick to use U.S. military might only in America's best interest, while pursuing a policy of peace and prosperity for America. His main focus in on securing America's borders, not the borders of other countries.
- Donald Trump is committed to providing premier healthcare for American veterans to honor their service to America.
- He is also committed to providing outstanding healthcare to women. Many have been neglected and not given access to doctors.
- Donald Trump wants to ensure that Americans can use their health care savings account for family members under no threat of penalty.
- He also plans to empower States to manage Medicaid within their own borders with block grants.
- Hillary Clinton's plans for tax reform will take away jobs and lower wages across the nation.
- Donald Trump's tax reform proposals will bring relief to over 73 million American citizens.
- He will also propose a corporate tax cut to empower American businesses to remain in the U.S., hire more American citizens, and raise wages.
- Donald Trump's economic policies will repair the infrastructure in America's inner cities, create jobs and increase wages. He is committed to paying the national debt, keeping America economically steady and spending no more than revenue allows.
- Most crucial to evangelicals, Donald Trump is pro-life.
- I believe Donald Trump was wise to select Governor Pence as his running mate due to the governor's outstanding record of job creation, fiscally conservative policies and impeccable reputation as a Christian and man of integrity. These attributes will enable him to help the GOP defeat Hillary Clinton.
- His leadership produced the longest growth of job creation in Indiana's history. Under a Trump/Pence ticket, America will thrive economically and the U.S. Constitution will no longer be threatened.
PENCE RECORD ON VETERANS
- One of the first states to allow the National Guard to carry firearms at recruiting stations was Indiana. This enables soldiers to defend themselves, something nearly unheard of while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State.
- Governor Pence is focused on creating jobs for veterans. Under his leadership, Indiana as become the second leading state in employment for veterans, up from the 31st from the top.
PENCE RECORD ON PROTECTING OUR BORDERS
- Governor Pence supports measures to makes sure existing immigrations laws are enforced, which would keep terrorists from entering our borders. He has a track record of voting for measures to make businesses hire Americans first, not foreigners.
PENCE'S AWARDS, SCORES, AND RATINGS
- Among Governor Pence's awards, he has received the following:
- The "Taxpayers' Friend Award" by the National Taxpayers' Union
- 100% lifetime score from National Right to Life Committee
- "A" rating from the National Rifle Association
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.