Dr. James Dobson is rallying Christians to pray. On Jan. 5 a runoff election in Georgia will determine two Senate seats and which political party will have greatest influence in Washington, D.C. Here is his statement:
"We are standing on the edge of an abyss.
"Our 'sweet land of liberty' is just two Senate races away from ushering in a socialist-driven agenda that is anti-faith, anti-family and anti-freedom. Are 'we the people' listening? The Judeo-Christian system of values that have upheld our great nation for nearly 250 years is in danger of disintegrating. Georgia is ground zero for what may turn out to be the most consequential political battle our country has ever faced. If we lose, the America we have known and loved for centuries may be facing its final days. I write this with a huge lump in my throat.
"Throughout this election, voters have been presented with two distinct visions for America. One party proclaims the sanctity of human life, defends religious liberty and freedom of conscience, prioritizes the family as the foundation of civil society and recognizes that we flourish only as one nation under God. The other party champions abortion on demand up to the moment of birth, supports 'gender transition' for young children, demands that religious liberty take a back seat to supposed notions of 'tolerance' and embraces the unconstitutional notion of 'separation of church and state.' The stark differences go on and on.
"We are on the verge of ushering the latter platform of evil into power. To say I'm disheartened is an understatement. Will 'we the people' remain silent and allow our great country to be ideologically transformed, or will we let our voices be heard in Georgia?
"The enemies of liberty and righteousness want to destroy all that is good about America. Their targets include your freedom, your family and your faith. Christian friends, we must not sit idly by when there is so much at stake. As a nation, we must pray for God's deliverance and implore our brothers and sisters in Georgia to register and vote."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details