Americans are waking up Wednesday morning with no clear winner yet from Tuesday's Election Day. Millions of voters hit the polls, in addition to the 95 million other Americans who cast their ballots in advance. Voter turnout has been historic in many ways, and the votes may still be counted for several days to come.
As returns come in from all 50 states, the magic number that Democrat Joe Biden and Republican President Donald Trump are both looking for is 270 electoral votes. The Electoral College was a system set up in the U..S Constitution and has been refined over the last two centuries. As of Wednesday morning, neither candidate had the 270 Electoral College votes needed to win.
Swing State Wins
So far, Biden is leading in the electoral and popular votes, and The Associated Press reported Wednesday morning that the former vice president has won Arizona, which would make it much harder for Trump to win the White House. Trump won the key swing states of Ohio and Florida, and he's pulled off a big win in Texas which hadn't been seen as a swing state in the past.
Biden and Trump on Wednesday shifted their focus to three critical battleground states—Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania—that could determine who will win the presidency. Biden has a narrow lead in Wisconsin, but the race is too close to call. It is also too early to call in Michigan and Pennsylvania.
Each state is allotted a different number of electoral votes based on how many representatives it has in the House of Representatives, plus its two senators. That's a majority of the 538 electoral votes that are up for grabs in the 50 states.
The Associated Press is reporting President Donald Trump has won Kentucky, West Virginia, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Indiana, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas, Missouri, Idaho, Utah, Florida, Texas and Iowa.
Democrat Joe Biden has carried Hawaii, Maine, Arizona, Virginia, Vermont, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Delaware, Rhode Island, Maryland, New Mexico, New York, the District of Columbia, Colorado, New Hampshire, California, Oregon, Washington state, Hawaii and Minnesota.
Currently, Biden has 238 electoral votes. Trump has 213.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.