With millions of Americans having already voted, President Trump and Former Vice President Biden met Thursday for their final debate. An ABC poll on who won the debate has President Trump at 51% and Biden at 49%. Trump also slightly nudged out Biden on how viewers rate "performance" at the debate, with 3.3 stars out of five and Biden receiving 3.1 stars.
Overwhelmingly, though, 62% of American voters do not want another debate, and 90% said viewing did not change who they support. Minds are made up.
Primary topics on the debate were as expected: the coronavirus and how to move forward; climate change; the future of American health care, which pitted "Bidencare" against Obamacare; character; racism; and a businessman vs. career politician, which included the recent information discovered on Hunter Biden's laptop.
The outcome of the debate is based on polls and projections, but Doug Schoen of Fox News pointed out that while Biden continues to lead in national polls, so did Hillary Clinton.
"For many Americans, Biden's current position feels reminiscent of the two weeks before the 2016 election, when Hillary Clinton held a similar lead," he said in his analysis. "At this point in 2016, FiveThirtyEight's election model gave Hillary Clinton an 86% chance of winning. The same model now gives Biden an 88% chance."
Schoen points out that according to RealClearPolitics' comparison of 2020 and 2016, "key swing-state polling averages—in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, Arizona—Biden has been polling slightly behind where Clinton was at this point in 2016," he said. "Over the last week, Biden's daily position has ranged from being neck-in-neck with Clinton's to polling approximately one point behind her."
Over the next 11 days, news agencies, columnists, pollsters and those involved in the Trump and Biden campaigns will continue to run the numbers—over and over from every possible angle. And regardless of how many votes have already been cast and polls showing most voters decided, the candidates will continue last-minute campaigning.
All that's left for the American people is to make sure their vote is cast.
As Biden said: "The character of the country is on the ballot. Our character is on the ballot. Look at us closely."
Link through to view or review the debate.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer