It seems the Republican Party is attempting to crown a winner in the Alabama special election to permanently fill Attorney General Jeff Sessions' seat in the U.S. Senate.
Judge Roy Moore is running in that election, as are several other Republicans, but several reports indicate the National Republican Senatorial Committee is treating Sen. Luther Strange, R-Ala. as an incumbent, even though he was appointed to the position by a governor he was investigating as attorney general. That governor was removed from office for using tax dollars to make payments in a sex scandal a few days after making the appointment.
This is relevant because it is NRSC policy to cut off contract work for consultants who provide services to candidates who oppose an incumbent. That means Moore's campaign—as well as those of other Republicans in the state—aren't able to build the kind of infrastructure needed for this kind of race, and time is running out.
The "jungle primary" will be held Aug. 15, and if no one receives at least 50 percent of the vote, a runoff will be held Sept. 26. Qualifying for the race ended last week with 11 Republicans and eight Democrats making the ballot.
In addition to Strange and Moore, Rep. Mo Brooks, R.-Ala.—a member of the House Freedom Caucus—and Christian Coalition President Randy Brinson are among the GOP candidates. According to a report from Politico, the NRSC has told at least two consulting firms not to provide support to anyone running against Strange.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details