During an appearance Thursday with CNN's Jake Tapper, President-elect Donald Trump's incoming White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, vented a little on the liberal mainstream media's continued obsession with alleged hacking that "interfered" with the 2016 presidential election.
He made some pretty good points with regard to personal responsibility on the part of Democrats, as well as the media's seemingly one-way street when it comes to accountability:
To be clear, any attempt to hack or to do anything nefarious is wrong and illegal. But at some point—the question hasn't even been asked of the DNC—did you take basic measures to protect the data that was on there? Where's the responsibility of them to protect their systems?
No one wrote those emails, no one put a private server on there, and no one seems to have done the due diligence at the DNC to protect their own systems.
We need to have the intelligence community come forward publicly and on the record and make it clear exactly how this happened and who was responsible for it.
But right now, we continue to get unsourced media accounts for what the activity is. And I think that's not acceptable.
President Barack Obama has levied sanctions against the Russian government for its alleged role in the hacking of the DNC. And late Thursday, Trump issued a statement that he will meet with the intelligence community's representatives to discuss the matter:
It's time for our country to move on to bigger and better things. Nevertheless, in the interest of our country and its great people, I will meet with leaders of the intelligence community next week in order to be updated on the facts of this situation.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details