Before the presidential primary process even started, Rev. Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse, said he would not endorse a candidate.
But in a recent media interview, he came pretty close to doing just that, urging millennial voters to "hold their nose" and vote, saying Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is a changed man. His comments, excerpted below, were pretty transparent:
We do not live in a perfect world, the political world is not perfect but we are citizens of the United States. So for the Millennials that are listening, you've got an opportunity to change the future of your country, and that is by the ballot box, by voting ...
There's two different pictures and two different visions for America. The Democratic Party has a vision, Hillary Clinton has a vision, Donald Trump has a totally different vision for this nation with the Republican Party. This isn't difficult to figure out if you are a Christian. There's really very few choices here because the Republican party has a platform where they support life, the unborn, they're very clear on these issues. I think it all boils down to the Supreme Court ...
You may have to hold your nose and vote. I have people that say, "Well I don't like Donald Trump, I don't like what he says." Well I don't like what he said either, I promise I don't like it. But those are things that he said 11 years ago, not something that he said today. I think Donald Trump has changed. I think God is working on his heart and in his life. But people have to make up their own mind ...
Now we have a chance to make a change in this nation and I would encourage Millennials, I would encourage Christians to vote, but pray before you vote. I'm not going to tell you how to vote but you pray and ask God what you should do but vote.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details