Persecuted pastor Saeed Abedini, who hasn't been afraid to share his thoughts—and what God is speaking to him—about the 2016 presidential election, issued the following statement earlier this week via his Facebook page:
So many people make decisions for their future by looking at decisions they made in the past. This is not looking at life the way God does. When God looks at us He looks with the eyes of Mercy of Grace.
In the past few months, we have seen how the media is attacking to Donald Trump's past. I have even heard so many people said he is not a Christian. Of course, only God knows this for sure, but what I see is God is using him and anointed him. It seems to me that he is the Cyrus of our modern day, but like you and me, he is a flawed man, in the process of spiritual growth.
As a nation, I believe we are in an unfolding process, too. History recounts the story of the King Cyrus of Persia, my native country. I believe God raised up this man for His great mission.
We don't know Cyrus' spiritual condition, but we know Yahweh used him mightily in history as the king of Persia to save Israel. Persia or Arian was the first country in history to support Israel. While the United States is the most powerful empire in the world, there is a spiritual lesson here standing with Israel. Donald Trump supports Israel. Although giving lip service in order to appear politically correct, Hillary Clinton does not.
As I said in my previous post on Facebook, God used kings in the Old Testament to accomplish His purposes. When we hear that this candidate or that candidate is not a strong Christian or has a past that disqualifies him to be the president of the United States, my answer is that we are a nation, a people who are also sinners, saved by grace.
First, we should be truthful about our own walk with God. Instead of worrying about others' spiritual growth, we should humbly come before God in repentance and humility. Then we should trust His providence to raise up leaders who honor Him. Judging is not our business; this is God's business and, throughout history, even through leaders like Cyrus, God has demonstrated that He always does His business well.
Jesus went to the cross and paid the punishment of our sin. Before we were even born, He shed his blood. Redemption is God's specialty.
We all are under God's construction and He definitely knows how to finish and equip for the future what He has already started. For these reasons, I trust God. And as far as the decision this nation is facing and given the choice that faces us, I trust Donald J. Trump.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details