House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) thinks he's figured out why no one was prosecuted following the FBI's yearlong investigation of Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while secretary of state.
Just about every major player in the investigation was granted immunity.
According to a new report Friday morning, the Department of Justice provided varying levels of immunity to three additional top Clinton aides. They are her former chief of staff, Cheryl Mills; former director of the State Department's Office of Information Resources Management, John Bentel; and 2008 Clinton campaign legal aide Heather Samuelson.
"No wonder they couldn't prosecute a case," Chaffetz said. "They were handing out immunity deals like candy."
Reportedly, Mills' immunity deal pertained to her allowing the FBI access to her personal laptop computer. She did so on the condition that she could not be prosecuted for anything found on it. Samuelson was given a similar immunity offer.
The FBI informed Chaffetz and another member of the oversight committee, House Freedom Caucus Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), of the additional immunity deals on Friday. Jordan has yet to comment, but Chaffetz was clearly unhappy with the FBI and Director James Comey.
"This is beyond explanation," he said in a statement put out by his office. "I've lost confidence in this investigation and I question the genuine effort in which it was carried out. Immunity deals should not be a requirement for cooperating with the FBI."
And, in another breaking development Friday morning, the State Department announced in federal court the FBI handed over an additional 2,800 emails that Clinton's lawyers hadn't handed over after her tenure as secretary of state. It says it will begin "rolling out" those emails next month—and according to Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton, who announced the news, less than 10 percent of those emails will be made public before the Nov. 8 election.
"The State Department is being obstructionist," he said during a Friday morning press conference.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer