The last time Brad Thor talked publicly about Donald Trump, he got nationally syndicated radio host Glenn Beck suspended from Sirius/XM for a week.
But that was May, and this is August—a little more than 80 days away from the possibility of being forced to say "President-elect Hillary Clinton"—and that alone has a way of changing some people's point of view. In perhaps one of the most difficult pieces the bestselling author has ever written, Thor announced on Tuesday he'd had a change of heart about the Republican presidential nominee.
But, he never mentioned Trump specifically by name, other than to admit he had been—up to that time—a devoted "#NeverTrump stalwart." Instead, he wrote that "America has cancer," it has only three months to live, and there are only two options to choose:
The first is a decades-old generic, lacking any potency whatsoever. Studies have shown that Drug #1 not only won't cure the cancer, but that it will actually strengthen it and speed our death. Drug #1 offers no upside whatsoever.
Drug #2 is being offered out of a clinic in Mexico. It claims to be a surefire, can't lose, 100% guaranteed treatment. The clinic, though, is run by pockmarked, gold-toothed, oily-haired-men in bad suits with absolutely no medical backgrounds. They ogle your wife and daughter incessantly anytime you drop by for more information, and are constantly trying to up sell you into an oceanfront timeshare ...
Drug #1 will kill us – no question. Drug #2 might kill us, but it also might:
A) Slow the cancer, or even
B) Cure the cancer.
It's a lot to hope for, I know, but hope is all we have left. We have exhausted every other avenue. Make no mistake—I believe one hundred percent in standing on principle. Principle, in this case though, will not cure cancer.
Thor credited his change of position on an article written Monday by another nationally syndicated radio host—and reformed #NeverTrumper—Hugh Hewitt. He said he "lost a lot of sleep" reading the article—and re-reading it—but said he came away from it with a "more nuanced view."
His opinion of Trump remains low—shortly after posting the article, he admitted he "can't stand" the GOP nominee—but now acknowledges he is out of options that aren't Hillary Clinton. And, despite taking heat for his article—a lot of it—he's standing firm, despite the candidate's campaign, which he said is "an insult to clown shows."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details