Evangelical author Eric Metaxas was interviewed by The Daily Caller on Monday during the start of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland and shared why he is able to support Donald Trump for president.
Click here to watch the entire video.
"Sometimes you have to hold your nose and vote for the person who is going to do the least damage or who is maybe going to pull you back from the brink," he said. "You can even hate Trump, but I'm saying you better be sure that you understand what a Hillary Clinton presidency brings."
The twice-divorced Trump, who infamously said last summer he's never asked the Lord for forgiveness, is very likely hours away from officially winning the Republican presidential nomination. Metaxas said the candidate isn't "some great man of virtue," but he does have at least some appeal.
"This much I'll say for him: I think he loves America and I don't think he wants to line his own pockets," he said. "At this point, that is the kind of virtue that we are talking about."
He said the upcoming appointment of up to five new Supreme Court justices and immigration are major factors to consider. Those issues will have far-reaching implications beyond just the next four or eight years.
"The DNC, the Democrats, have been trying hard to make open borders," Metaxas said. "That means we are demographically never going to be able to elect somebody who is a Constitutionalist again. We are just not going to have the numbers.
"It is that desperate."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer