More than two days after the Supreme Court's decision in the Whole Woman's Health case against a Texas law restricting abortion, and still no word from Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting Donald Trump.
Given his lightning-fast response to the Istanbul bombings, it's obvious there is an unwillingness to address the issue. Evangelical voters are wondering why, and more importantly, the key voting bloc wants to know exactly where he stands on the issue.
Due to his campaign's silence, many are left to speculate. Here are the top possibilities for his decision to not respond:
- He's been all over the chart on his views on abortion, and a statement of any kind—for or against the opinion—would bring that issue back up.
- He's in a dogfight with Hillary Clinton that is only just beginning to get ugly, and polls suggest a narrow majority of Americans actually supported the high court's decision, so he threatens to alienate voters either way he goes.
- He's still in the midst of his campaign shake-up—in the disarray, they completely missed the boat—and a late comment will fuel speculation that he was "testing the wind" before he commented.
Regardless of the actual reason, it's clear that his campaign botched the situation and missed a huge opportunity to make further inroads with pro-life voters. But with the national focus immediately pivoting back to terrorism, it's hard to say if it will seriously damage his campaign in the long run.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.