During a campaign stop Tuesday afternoon, Democratic presidential nominee-in-waiting Hillary Clinton responded to the House Select Committee on Benghazi's official report to Congress, saying, "it's time to move on."
During the stop in Denver, she said:
I have said from the very beginning nothing is more important than the security of our diplomats and our development officials who go into dangerous places around the world pursuing American values, interests and our security. And I said this when I testified for 11 hours that no one has thought more about or lost more sleep over the lives that we lost, the four Americans, which was devastating. And we owe to those brave Americans that we make sure we learn the right lessons from this tragedy.
That's why I immediately put together an independent committee to go everywhere, look everywhere, come up with what recommendations would help us prevent such tragedies in the future, and that of course should be the goal. I understand that after two years and more than $7 million spent by the Benghazi Committee out of taxpayer funds, it had to today report it had found nothing—nothing—to contradict the conclusions of the Independent Accountability Board or the conclusions of the prior multiple earlier investigations carried out on a bipartisan basis in the Congress.
So while this unfortunately took on a partisan tinge, I want us to stay focused on what I've always wanted us to stay focused on and that is the important work of diplomacy and development. That principle is especially true in dangerous places.
We cannot withdraw or retreat from the world. America needs a presence for a lot of reasons. And the best way to honor the commitment and sacrifice of those we lost is to redouble our efforts to provide the resources and support that our diplomats and our development experts deserve.
So I'll leave it to others to characterize this report but I think it is pretty clear it is time to move on.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.