Over the weekend, speculation circulated once again over Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting Donald Trump's "short list" of potential running mates when it was reported the list included U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and U.S. Rep. Mia Love (R-Utah).
It was certainly news, particularly to both members of Congress.
Cotton, for his part, said he would certainly consider it if he's offered the position, but to his knowledge, he isn't being vetted for vice president:
"I have no reason to think that Donald Trump is gonna ask me to do that and I'm not being vetted," he said. "We've certainly heard from the Trump campaign before and I've talked to Donald Trump. He was here in Washington for the AIPAC conference and I and some others met with him. But I wouldn't say that it's something that's not regular or routine."
Love, on the other hand, seemed less interested in being vice president and more interested in hanging onto her House seat. In fact, she won't even be in the U.S. during next month's Republican National Convention in Cleveland:
"I don't see any upsides to it," she said in announcing she was giving up her delegate seat at the convention on Friday. "I don't see how this benefits the state."
This isn't the first time the media has thrown out names of "likely" vice presidential nominees, only to have the rumors quickly refuted, which only adds to the mainstream media narrative that Republicans have rejected Trump as their nominee. It does beg the question, however: is the media just throwing names out?
Regardless, the world will know for certain who his running mate will be in about three weeks. The convention kicks off Monday, July 18.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.