Tuesday night, FOX News Channel's Greta Van Susteren broadcast an interview she had with Abu Taubah, an imam in the U.S. who has been linked to Orlando shooter Omar Mateen.
During the interview, the host and the Islamic religious leader got into a sometimes-heated discussion about his teachings. Among those issues were the stoning of women for committing adultery, and men being allowed to have more than one wife.
Eventually, the conversation turned to a discussion about the 2016 presidential election. The Republican nominee-in-waiting, Donald Trump, has advocated for a pause in Muslim immigration to the U.S. until those admitted can be fully vetted. His Democratic counterpart, Hillary Clinton, is a woman.
So, where did Taubah stand?
Although he generally likes people from New York, and he likes some of Trump's "braggish, crazy ways," he said he actually doesn't like either candidate. Trump, he said, promotes ignorance and lawlessness, which would be bad for the country; Clinton, on the other hand, he rejects out of hand because she is a woman.
"As a Muslim, I object to Hillary Clinton, though," he said. "I don't believe a woman should be the president of a nation. Our prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam (Arabic for "Peace and blessings be upon him"), he taught us, whenever a woman is in charge, there (are) going to be problems.
"What if she's on her menses and it's time to go to war? She's gonna press the button 'cause she's angry? You know, uh-uh, I don't believe she should be put in that position."
Taubah did also mention a number of other disqualifiers beyond Clinton's biology that he said would make her a bad president, including several scandals from during President Bill Clinton's administration. He ultimately said he liked U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vt.), saying he thought Hillary Clinton's Democrat challenger was "at least honest," even if he didn't have all the answers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details