Dr. Ron Phillips, pastor of Abba's House, a Southern Baptist church in Chattanooga, Tennessee, wrote a brief, but pointed open letter to nationally syndicated talk radio host Glenn Beck over the weekend.
"I represent many who have respected you and supported you," he wrote. "I lovingly appeal to you to balance up your rhetoric."
The then asked if the multimedia giant would consider taking the following points:
- Hillary Clinton is the worst possible outcome.
- Spend some time and effort exposing the Clintons scandals.
- Take the left wing [Kool-Aid] of the liberal media off the menu ... Trump is not a racist. The judge in his case is biased an Obama appointee ... firm suing trump are liberal donors to Clinton. The lady that filed suit has admitted she was wrong and has been dropped by the liberal lawyers.
- Would you mind talking about the scam school that the Clintons have bilked people out of $16 million ... and the Clinton foundation and Benghazi?
- How about Margaret Sanger? Hillary's hero ... a real racist.
- What about Hillary's treatment of Bill's female victims ... there receiving funds from Muslim countries that abuse women instead of Trumps few remarks about women.
- Admit that Cruz was not the Messianic figure you touted ... and expose his support and accolades for the leader of India who is causing and allowing the slaughter of Christians.
- There is one choice. Those of us who supported Cruz must vote Trump ... or we get Clinton.
- Believe that Trump needs our prayers, advice and support.
- Admit that your speech about Trump and his kids and life have been as wrong as some of the responses he has given.
- Admit that you called us to love and unity while you have been unwilling to apply that to Trump.
- You have treated Obama and Clinton with kid gloves while using sarcasm ... skepticism ... and disdain for Trump and his supporters.
For his part, Beck actually came to Trump's defense—sort of—on Friday afternoon, when he publicly ridiculed those who were trying to push for a "Cruz Coup" at next month's Republican National Convention in Cleveland. "The time to defeat Trump was in the primary," he said.
"I have said since the beginning, if the GOP changes the rules to allow some trick, on ANY candidate it will lead to the end of the party and possibly to the kindling of a civil war, God Forbid," he wrote on his personal Facebook page. "This will only cause chaos and more hatred. There are no good answers now for many Americans.
"Maybe 50% of Americans don't want either, but the time to let your voice be heard was during the primary. How you vote is your business, but rigging the game after it has been played and someone has 1,237 [delegates] only leads to more trouble.
"I really don't think I have to tell you how much I do not like it, but it doesn't change the fact: Trump is the nominee."
He had addressed the issue during his program Friday morning, as well. He said he thought it was "wishful thinking" on the part of overzealous Cruz supporters, and he urged them not to continue down the path, saying it would be "kindling a civil war."
"I don't think lighting the fires of a civil war is something that I rush to," he added. "You have to remember, the Civil War ended in more deaths than all other American wars combined. That's a stunning stat.
"And you look at what that did to this nation—we barely made it. And we made it because we had Abraham Lincoln at the helm. You want to start a war? With who? Who is in charge? Who is leading this?"
Beck hasn't responded to Phillips, nor is it clear if he's even aware of the pastor's challenge.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details