Comedienne Roseanne Barr made heads spin—particularly in Hollywood—earlier this year following a fiery anti-BDS Movement speech in Jerusalem. Now, she's done it again.
"I think we would be so lucky if Trump won," she told The Hollywood Reporter during an interview to promote a documentary about her 2012 presidential run. "Because then it wouldn't be Hillary."
After the reporter's jaw was done bouncing off the floor—Barr is openly socialist and ran as both a Green Party and Peace & Freedom Party candidate four years ago—she explained her "take" on Hillary Clinton. She said the former secretary of state "hangs out with [George W.] Bush" and is "friends with everybody" who gives her money.
"The fact is, you don't get to be the nominee without taking a lot of dirty money," she said. "[I]f you're hanging out with criminals who do bad things, that matters a lot. That's why I ran, because no, I don't hang out with criminals and I don't take their money and I'm not paid to help sell nuclear weapons."
Barr said she liked that businessman Donald Trump largely financed his own campaign, and said she thought that is how he was able to win the Republican presidential nomination. She added the political establishment only wants a president who is from Yale or Harvard, someone who is "in the club."
"[I]t's all about distribution," she said. "When you're in the club, you've got people that you sell to. That's how money changes hands, that's how business works. If you've got friends there, they scratch your back and blah, blah.
"But Americans don't even know that much, even though they say they do. They say they believe that people should take money out of politics and then, you know, they send their paycheck to Bernie and off he goes to hang out with the pope on a private jet on that money...
"And nobody just gives you money, they're not like, 'Here's $3 million, you look good, your hair is nice.' No. It's like, 'Hey, I'm giving you this money so you can pimp my products when it comes time.'"
Asked if Trump would act in the interest of the people, Barr said she thinks he believes the rule of law matters. Without specifically naming him, she criticized President Obama for "passing laws all on his own," adding "that is a little bit different than what America was supposed to be about."
"Trump is saying people will have to be vetted, we'll have to have legal immigration," she added. "It's all a scam. I mean, illegal immigration. When people come here and they get a lot of benefits that our own veterans don't get. What's up with that?"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details