President Trump faced a very antagonistic media on the day after the midterm elections, offering a soft tone about his desire to work across the aisle with Nancy Pelosi and Democrats in the House. He said he understands that Pelosi loves the country and he hopes compromise can be possible.
The president began the wide-ranging press conference with a focus on the election results, but it soon devolved into brazen and shocking media attacks that appeared designed to frustrate and enrage the president.
CNN's Jim Acosta stood defiantly on the front row, badgering the president over and over about the caravan and the Russia election, refusing to release the microphone, standing right in front of the president in a shocking confrontation.
The president told him his time was done, telling him to sit down and to stop being a "rude, terrible person." Eventually, Trump had to walk away from the microphone because Acosta wouldn't stop creating a spectacle.
Near the end of the hour-long event, the president circled back to the issue, saying he hopes the tone in America can get better if the media will tone down their attacks.
One of the few productive and peaceful moments of the event came when a Jewish reporter asked the president about God's place in his administration.
"God plays a very big role in my life," Trump said. He pointed out that God's place is apparent in the lives of many members of his administration, including the vice president.
When asked about congressional action for the rest of the year, the president said he could not imagine taking up the issue of immigration and recognized the new Democratic House and the Republican Senate may go in different directions when it comes to legislation.
The president also said he would consider raising other tax rates to pay for a middle-class tax cut. He had proposed another 10 percent tax cut while campaigning for the midterms.
But he said if Democrats offer an idea for tax cuts, he would work with them, even if it would require "some adjustment" to other rates.
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer