The Department of Education's office for Civil Rights is investigating a Decatur, Georgia school district for how it handled allegations that a 5-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by a transgender student.
Pascha Thomas says her daughter was assaulted by a student who is a biological male, but identifies as female. He is allowed access to all female locker rooms, bathrooms and shower areas, thanks to the school district's transgender-friendly policy.
"When I dropped my child off at school, I never would think that she would be sexually assaulted in a bathroom by another little boy," Thomas said in an interview produced by Alliance Defending Freedom, the legal nonprofit representing her.
Thomas says her daughter got permission to leave class to go to the bathroom. It wasn't long before a male classmate allegedly walked in—and did the unthinkable.
The 5-year-old told her mom what happened. Thomas contacted the school's principal, who allegedly did nothing.
"I told the principal that I was demanding that the little boy be taken out the classroom. At that point, she refused and said she would not take him out the classroom," said Thomas.
The ADF says the district "retaliated against the student's parent for reporting the sexual harassment" by identifying the mother as the "responsible party" in their referral of the incident to the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services. Thomas says the DFCS investigated her because of the district's report against her.
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer