The nation is watching to see what the Senate confirmation hearings will bring for Judge Brett Kavanaugh in light of 35-year-old allegations from a single witness.
What does President Donald Trump's voting base—American evangelicals—think of the matter? Especially as the midterm elections approach, Republicans and the Trump administration are anxious to confirm another SCOTUS justice.
Best-selling author Stephen E. Strang has vast experience understanding the evangelical community—what led them to vote for Donald Trump, what maintains their support of the president and where their priorities lie when it comes to the intersection of politics and faith in America.
Strang is following up his best-seller, God and Donald Trump, with his new book, Trump Aftershock, out on Election Day, Nov. 6. He says while Kavanaugh's accuser should be heard, he adds that the judge is a man of high moral character based on his Judeo-Christian/Catholic faith.
"Based upon known facts and his lifetime of service, I believe Brett Kavanaugh's claim of innocence," Strang said. "His integrity has stood the test of time in his career. No claims were ever made against him during other confirmation processes. Why now? Fake news accusing him of sexual assault will be dismissed by evangelicals because they are assured that truth will prevail and prove he is innocent, as at least 65 women have attested. Those who wish to destroy Christianity and its devout followers by timing their allegations at the height of this important hearing will not succeed."
Strang added that Americans should consider a justice's full body of work. This kind of behavior tends to follow patterns of repetition, of which there is no evidence in Kavanaugh's case—only a claim. The timing, Strang said, also raises suspicions of political motivation.
"Evangelicals believe—as does our legal system—in the presumption of innocence," Strang continued. "Evangelicals also elected Donald Trump, in part, because he promised to nominate justices to the SCOTUS bench who would uphold the Constitution and Judeo-Christian values. They knew this would have far-reaching and long-standing impact of 30 years or more. After the appointment of Neil Gorsuch, evangelicals trust President Trump to continue to choose solid jurists who will fulfill this important charge."
Strang added that Christians must look to the Bible for direction in situations like this. If there was sexual assault, three things must be true:
- The accuser must immediately "cry out," or in modern terms, notify her family or law officials. Notification cannot and should not occur 30-plus years later.
- There must be witnesses. All through the Bible, "witness" is used. A statement without witness is hearsay.
- There must be evidence. What evidence exists more than 30 years later?
In Trump Aftershock, Strang explores the "president's seismic impact on culture and faith in America" and uncovers will uncover unreported facts while objectively helping readers understand what the nation's most unlikely and unconventional president has accomplished, including a featured section on these advancements called "500 Days of American Greatness."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer