The Convention of States Project announces that Dr. James Dobson, Dr. Tim Clinton and Jenna Ellis, Esq., have issued the following joint statement on behalf of the James Dobson Family Institute:
Unfortunately, an insidious power grab has been underway in our nation's capital for many years and it has inflicted great damage upon our constitutional republic. Unelected bureaucrats, activist judges and the ever-expanding scope, reach and invasion of the federal government into the lives of all Americans has far surpassed what our Founders ever intended.
Thankfully, the drafters of our Constitution built in safeguards to restore the size of government to its proper limits through amendments as outlined in Article V of the U.S. Constitution. Of the two paths an amendment can travel, all 27 have thus far been initiated in Congress. A Convention of States is the second path, which doesn't allow a rewriting of the Constitution as some have suggested, but rather allows the state legislatures to propose needed amendments to restrain the federal government when Congress fails to act.
The genius of our Founding Fathers is on full display in the Convention of the States Article V process, which empowers We the People at a local level to continue preserving and protecting the fundamental rights of every individual and keeping America's limited government in check. Thirty-four states must call a convention to order and already 12 have passed the petition. A Convention of the States can and should be called.
This Constitution Day, Monday, Sept. 17, in recognition of the 231st anniversary of the adoption of one of the world's greatest and most influential documents ever drafted, we encourage every American to visit ConventionofStates.com and add your name to a growing list of citizens calling for a return of federal power back to the states. Let us raise our collective voices and challenge the entrenched powers in Washington by finally, and for the first time, calling for a Convention of the States."
Dr. James Dobson is a celebrated Christian leader, author and psychologist. He is the founder and president of Family Talk and the James Dobson Family Institute, a nonprofit organization that produces his daily radio program, "Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details