Christian and conservative national leaders are heading to Des Moines, Iowa this weekend for a special event.
The 7th Annual Family Leadership Summit brings together leaders from all over to learn how they can help transform churches, families and culture for the greater kingdom of God.
Bob Vander Plaats from the Family Leader told CBN News that his group's approach to faith and government is unique because it focuses on finding ways to engage the church.
"We really need to be about calls for transformation, first and foremost," Vander Plaats said, "by leading with the gospel and engaging with the church and what the church's main mission is: the Great Commission."
He continued, "When you authentically engage the church and use what God has always worked through, we believe that then you can impact elections with real ministers of God and then implement policy that's according to His heart."
Vander Plaats said people who go to the summit consistently come back saying how encouraged they are to know they're not alone working toward a true revival in our nation.
"They're going to see states like Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Florida, New Hampshire all being around us, saying, 'Wow, this really works,' and we're here together, standing as a remnant," Vander Plaats said.
One major focus of this year's summit is religious liberty.
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details