Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, has her own take on the op-ed attacking President Trump published this week in The New York Times. It was written by an anonymous senior administration official. She says it's hurting the country.
In her own op-ed published in The Washington Post Friday, Haley writes she felt "compelled to address the claims in the anonymous "resistance" op-ed published this week in The New York Times. The author might think he or she is doing a service to the country. I strongly disagree. What this 'senior official in the Trump administration' has done, and is apparently intent on continuing to do, is a serious disservice—not just to the president but to the country."
Haley writes that as a senior Trump administration official, when she has a disagreement with the president, she picks up the phone or meets with him in person to discuss it. The president listens and sometimes he agrees and sometimes he doesn't."
"That's the way the system should work," she wrote. "And the American people should be comfortable knowing that's the way the system does work in this administration."
Haley also addresses the problems she says the anonymous author caused.
"Taking this course sows mistrust among the thousands of government workers who do their jobs honestly every day," she wrote. "It unfairly casts doubt on the president in a way that cannot be directly refuted because the anonymous accuser's credibility and knowledge cannot be judged. It encourages U.S. adversaries to promote their hostile claims about the stability of our government."
The U.S. ambassador also notes that the op-ed is a problem in itself.
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer