There's a phrase that's popular, especially during times of national unity or crisis—"United. We stand." For Christians, though, this phrase captures a deeper meaning.
"United." Christians can employ this word to show the world around us the unity we share because of a common identity in the person and work of Jesus Christ and because of a shared purpose in the declaration of our Christian faith. We are also united by this great country God has placed us in, the United States of America.
We stand. It's a short, yet powerful declaration. For Christians, we stand on God's word and His truth. We were placed on this earth to be God's ambassadors and His salt and light, so we must stand unashamedly to advance Christian principles in every area of life, including the public square.
Christians stand for one name only—Jesus. That's why, whether it's local, state, or national elections, we must base our vote on traditional Judeo-Christian values. American Christians must vote their values and stand for religious freedom, the sanctity of life, strong families and marriages and for compassionate help for those in need.
When you and I—part of America's 90 million Christians—make this stand and encourage other like-minded believers to do the same, we become powerful agents to advance biblical values, bringing a foretaste of heaven to earth.
Governor Mike Huckabee, My Faith Votes' honorary national chairman, puts it this way:
"When Christians come to understand what it really means to stand for biblical values in every area of life, including the political realm, Christians will become an unstoppable force, reversing the devastating trend of anti-Christian worldviews in our communities and in our nation. The power of the Christian vote must be harnessed and deployed to stand for biblical truth."
Our vote represents more than a political preference. It is a declaration before God that our faith informs our politics, that we wish to see the statutes that rule this land flow from the principles of His kingdom.
The united vote of 90 million believers has the power to change everything.
United. We stand. So that America stands strong for God.
Jason Yates is the CEO of My Faith Votes.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details