Hillsong NYC Pastor Carl Lentz is coming to the defense of his friend and fellow pastor, John Gray, who was highly criticized for attending a meeting with President Donald Trump at the White House last Wednesday.
Pastor Gray was just one of several black faith leaders who came under fire for meeting with the president. Those critics accuse the president of being a racist with policies that aren't in favor of minorities.
In an Instagram post, Pastor Lentz is pushing back against the criticism and showing support for Gray's decision.
"I am baffled at times, at the responses from people when we see prayers answered," Lentz wrote. "I don't know a single person who hasn't prayed 'God help our President see what we see, see the hurting, help him live and lead with compassion and empathy.'"
Lentz went on to question the backlash wondering how people could object to Gray's chance to voice his point of view on how the nation could be made better.
The New York pastor said, "Trust me John, I've heard so many people say 'Let's go reach the world!' And then when you start doing it? They say 'You have changed. How could you be associated with such a person.' The idea, is always easier than the reality. I love the reality of who you are. Keep on shinin' my man."
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details