The Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Monday the formation of a Religious Liberty Task Force. The task force, which will be chaired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, "will continue the department's ongoing work to implement the Religious Liberty Memorandum and the implementation memorandum.
"The task force will also consider new initiatives that will further the department's work to protect and promote religious liberty."
Monday night, Attorney General Jeff Sessions joined the Washington Watch with Tony Perkins radio program to discuss the new task force.
Christian leaders like Perkins, the president of Family Research Council, and Mat Staver, founder and chairman of the Liberty Counsel, weighed in on the formation of the task force with confidence and optimism for the future.
Perkins said in a statement: "In the wake of the Obama administration, we are witnessing a revival of freedom! The announcement of the creation of a new Religious Liberty Task Force by Attorney General Jeff Sessions is the launch of the next phase of President Trump's campaign promise to protect the religious freedoms of all Americans. The formation of this task force puts bureaucrats on notice: you will respect the freedom of every American not only to believe but to live according to those beliefs.
"With initiatives such as this, it's clear that the Trump administration understands the dangers of government actors attempting to quarantine religious beliefs within the walls of a church instead of embracing their historical contributions to America's public good.
"No American should have to restrict the practice of their faith to within the confines of their place of worship.
"I commend President Trump and Attorney General Sessions for safeguarding the freedom to live out one's faith in all areas of society without government punishment or intimidation. History makes clear, religious freedom is the key to a strong, stable and successful nation."
Staver says: "The establishment of a Religious Liberty Task Force is a historic and positive step by the Trump administration to protect religious freedom and the rights of conscience.
"Today's announcement by the Department of Justice is encouraging, and the Trump administration is to be commended for making this 180-degree turn from the past administration which used the federal government to violate religious freedom and conscience rather than protecting our first freedom. This task force sends a strong message that there is a commitment to protecting religious freedom."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details