Planet Fitness Leesburg has violated Florida law and its own policy by allowing a man to sexually harass females in the women's locker room but then terminated a woman's membership because she objected.
Liberty Counsel represents "Mrs. H." and has demanded that Planet Fitness immediately reinstate her membership and make changes to its membership and locker room policies to prevent blatant sex-based harassment by males in the women's facilities.
"Mrs. H." survived a violent rape attempt several years ago. On May 29, 2018, staff at the Leesburg location revoked "Mrs. H.'s" membership after she was intimidated by and complained about the behavior of Jordan Rice in the women's locker room. Rice claims to be "transgender" but is obviously a man, and his behavior indicates he derives enjoyment from depriving women of privacy.
Rice, dressed in gray sweatpants and a tank top, was standing in the women's locker room, facing the mirror and pretending to apply makeup. "Mrs. H." needed to use the restroom and politely asked him to leave.
Instead, Rice smirked and watched her in the mirror where he had a full view of every woman entering or exiting the shower and locker area. Rice remained there for at least an hour to intentionally deny "Mrs. H." the privacy she desired. The Planet Fitness staff permitted Rice to monopolize the women's locker room and impede "Mrs. H.'s" rightful use of it.
Rice then called 911 (listen here), as he chased "Mrs. H" in the parking lot, to complain that he had been "sexually harassed" because she asked him to leave the women's locker room.
Rice has been involved in other incidents with women at this location.
The Florida Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination based on religion and biological "sex" in places of public accommodation. The Act guarantees full and equal enjoyment of "the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages and accommodations of any place of public accommodation" to all persons without discrimination.
"Planet Fitness is endangering women by allowing men to sexually harass them in the women's facilities and punishing those who object," said Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel. "This is discrimination based on sex, in violation of Florida law as well as several of Planet Fitness' own policies.
"Liberty Counsel demands that Planet Fitness reinstate our client's membership and adhere to the law and its own policies and protect the privacy of women. If this gym does not respect women's legal and privacy rights, there are other gyms which will, and there are courts that will remedy this blatant disregard of women."
For the original article, visit lc.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details