Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz and FBI Director Christopher Wray are on Capitol Hill today testifying about the findings of last week's inspector general report.
Republican lawmakers want answers.
"Now we see that whole process of that investigation was handled with extreme bias and questionable actions and people need to be held accountable," said House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., on Fox's "Special Report" with Bret Baier.
The "bias" he's referring to is from a series of communications sent by FBI agents. Most notably, a text from agent Peter Strozk.
Former FBI attorney Lisa Page texted Strozk saying: "Trump's not ever going to become president right? Right?!"
Strozk responded: "No. No he won't. We'll stop it."
"The FBI investigator who was on the Hillary investigation and arguably the lead Russia investigator not only wanted to stop (Trump's) campaign, but once he won, got on the Mueller probe because he wanted to impeach him. That is a level of animus and bias that everyone should reject," House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said on Special Report.
Democrats point out that the inspector general concluded that the bias shown in the text messages did not impact the FBI's decision not to prosecute Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Still, congressional investigators say they want to see the original documents and will use all constitutional means available to get them.
Lawmakers also want Strozk to testify. His attorney says he's open to appearing before Congress.
Meanwhile, Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller is investigating an undisclosed meeting between Trump campaign aide Roger Stone and a Russian offering information on Clinton in exchange for $2 million.
Stone said it was a "waste of time" and he didn't mention it to the president.
President Trump took to Twitter Sunday night, calling the investigation a "witch-hunt" and blasting Agent Strozk, calling him a "sick loser."
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details