Even before his election in 2016, President Donald Trump took heat for "cruel" immigration policies and proposed reforms. Once in office, the Trump administration released a list of countries from which travelers were temporarily banned from the U.S. He has also taken on the "Dreamers" debate and has communicated plans for a pathway to legal immigration and citizenship.
Many Christians struggle with what the Bible says about immigration and how believers should respond to the news surrounding immigration, says religion and culture expert, national radio host and author Dr. Alex McFarland. But when the debate is held to the litmus test of natural law and compared to the infiltration of ideologies that are inherently counter to American ideals, arguments are clearer.
"Liberals, whether they know it or not, are prepping us for Sharia-lite," said McFarland, who is also Director for Christian Worldview and Apologetics at the Christian Worldview Center of North Greenville University (NGU) in Greenville, South Carolina. "Social progressivism is Sharia-lite, with the full edition to be uploaded in the next couple of decades. Humans have an innate sense to protect themselves and their families, which is why we lock our doors—to protect from the bad and to let the good in. Likewise, on airplanes, we are instructed to secure our own oxygen masks before helping others. If we don't prepare and strengthen ourselves and if we allow ourselves to weaken, we can't be of use to anyone else.
"Liberals exempt themselves from the same standards they say are applicable to everyone else," he added. "They have locks on their doors, but want everyone else to let the world in. They pontificate how everyone else should live and think, but don't do it themselves."
McFarland also pointed to the "dhimmi status" of Islam, which claims that no one is forced into the religion, as an example of this double-standard.
"In this hierarchy, the rich live opulent lives, while the common people live very oppressed lives," McFarland said. "In the Islamic state where the 'dhimmi status' is enforced, Jews and Christians cannot defend themselves—and are attacked if they do. Part of natural law is self-defense, not to be the aggressor, but if attacked, we have the right to defend ourselves.
"The socialist progressive agenda does not look that different than Sharia law," he continued. "It abandons natural law, abandons the Constitution and has selective rights by social classes. And the same result is present—unequal protection before the law. Furthermore, we cannot allow progressives to define 'Christian love' as cultural lawlessness. We can't proclaim that Christian love is the abolition of all boundaries and standards. Love does not mean lawlessness."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details