Liberty Counsel represents concerned parents and residents against the implementation of a harmful curriculum under the guise of sex-ed in the Sunnyside Unified School District in Tucson. The material is not age appropriate, violates Arizona law, is not medically accurate and promotes harmful sexual behavior to K-12 grade children.
Advocates for Youth drafted the "Rights, Respect, Responsibility" curriculum, known as the 3Rs, and is featured prominently throughout the material as a "resource." A partner of Planned Parenthood, Advocates for Youth takes the following position regarding minor girls or young women and abortion: "Young women need the right to safe and legal abortion. But many states place barriers on young women's access by requiring parental notification or even consent. ... United States policies contribute to an anti-choice climate and limit young women's access to abortion. No young woman, anywhere, should be forced to seek out an illegal, dangerous procedure or carry a pregnancy she didn't want to term."
The 3Rs material contains graphic illustrations for kindergarten through second graders and for fifth graders; even worse illustrations for eighth graders and the covers of multiple pornographic and homosexual magazines for classroom discussion with 12th graders. This curriculum also violates Arizona law by promoting a same-sex lifestyle and suggesting there are safe methods of homosexual sexual activity.
Numerous lessons involve virtual classroom excursions to Planned Parenthood's website, some involving small groups of self-supervised children. The material promotes abortion over childbirth and adoption and, beginning in the sixth grade with 11- and 12-year-olds, the 3Rs curriculum mentions or refers students to Planned Parenthood or its website more than 24 times.
The Planned Parenthood website includes a "Glossary A-Z" that does not contain the words "adoption" or "pro-life," but contains "anti-choice" and "pro-choice." Planned Parenthood's glossary also contains many other obscene words and definitions that are not suitable for children.
"The Sunnyside Unified School District in Tucson has no business exposing innocent children to graphic and harmful material," Liberty Counsel's Founder and Chairman Mat Staver says. "The school board needs to stop this trash as it has no place in public schools. This harmful material is a violation of Arizona law. Tucson parents must let their voices be heard and protect their children. They should attend every school board meeting until this smut is permanently eradicated."
For the original article, visit lc.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details