President Donald Trump and members of the press agree that this year's White House Correspondents Dinner was a bust.
For the second year, President Trump skipped the dinner, instead criticizing journalists and others during a campaign-style rally near Detroit.
It's typical for comedians to take jabs at the White House during the dinner, but journalists say comedian Michelle Wolf crossed the line after taking personal shots at the president's team.
"Every time Sarah steps up to the podium I get excited because I'm not really sure what we're going to get. You know, a press briefing, a bunch of lies, or divided into softball teams," Wolf joked.
She continued, "And I'm never really sure what to call Sarah Huckabee Sanders, you know, is it Sarah Sanders, is it Sarah Huckabee Sanders, is it cousin Huckabee, is it auntie Huckabee Sanders, like what's Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women?"
Wolf's act went on to include more vulgar antics, and while she had some in the audience laughing, others were left stunned into silence.
"It's 2018, and I'm a woman, so you cannot shut me up," Wolf said, "unless you have Michael Cohen wire me $130,000."
The White House Correspondents Association (WHCA) responded to the criticism, saying Wolf's rant doesn't reflect the group's effort.
"Last night's program was meant to offer a unifying message about our common commitment to a vigorous and free press while honoring civility, great reporting and scholarship winners, not to divide people. Unfortunately, the entertainer's monologue was not in the spirit of that mission," said Margaret Talev, president of the WHCA.
Many of Wolf's jokes included vulgar language that couldn't be repeated in stories about the dinner.
President Trump called her "filthy" and said she "totally bombed." Some journalists called Wolf's performance mean-spirited and others demanded that she apologize.
Some critics said it showed again the distance between the media and millions of Americans.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details